Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello From Chicago!

From left to right: Nick, Steph, Tony and Nora
Michele and I attended Nora and Tony’s rehearsal dinner last night, hosted by my cousin, and some say look-a-like, Nick Quartaro and his lovely wife Stephanie. 

We had a great time catching up with family we hadn’t seen in years, and as if that weren’t enough, we also got to enjoy a fantastic dinner at The Bristol, where Tony is Chef de Cuisine.

I’ve often bragged about Tony’s prowess in the kitchen, so I thought I’d give you a look at the menu. I hope this shows why we’re all so proud of Tony. Please keep in mind that I was shooting without a flash, so you'll have to take my word that the food was even more gorgeous than it looks here. Today’s the wedding, and if that’s even half as fun as the rehearsal dinner, we are in for a fantastic time. Enjoy!

Monkey Bread with Dill Butter

Carrot salad, mizuna, spiced hazelnuts, yogurt vinaigrette

Gnocchi, zucchini, beurre-fondue, mint

Roast chicken, dill spaetzle, crunchy vegetable salad

Green beans, almond butter, kumquats, crispy shallots

Beef brisket, summer squash, salsa verde

Corn panna cotta, blueberries, chocolate-dipped orange shortbread

No comments:

Post a Comment